SIS has a small but growing resource centre. It houses a collection of publications; including monographs, articles, reports, conference papers, newspaper cuttings, pamphlets and audio-visual materials.
The resource centre was established for the following reasons:
- To develop a centre that provides and promotes progressive Islam and women’s rights within the religious framework;
- To collect materials which are not readily available locally, specifically in relation to gender and Islam;
- To provide alternative reading materials by progressive academics and/or writers.
Membership and guidelines:
- Members are allowed to use the centre during the operations hours; Monday – Friday; 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Books are not allowed to be taken out of the resource centre
- Members are liable for damaged books
- SIS retains the rights to revise fee and rules at any time
Admission is free but please secure appointment first.
SIS’ online catalogue allows you to search the titles available in our physical Resource Centre. Currently, the titles of books are available and this list will be expanded later to include loose articles, newspaper clippings and audio-video materials.
Please click on guest login and then begin searching by keying in the name of the author(s), book title or subject.
If you find any titles of interest, you may contact SIS at [email protected] for further assistance. Users will be charged photocopy fee if you make any copies.
Thank you for utilising our Resource Centre.