The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) was enacted to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to SIS Forum (Malaysia) (“SIS”).
This Notice serves to inform you that your personal data will be and/or have been processed by us and you hereby give your consent to the processing of your personal data.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company name and job title.
- Contact information including address, phone number and email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information necessary to provide you with services or events offered and organised by SIS.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. The purposes for which your personal data may be used are: –
- Internal record keeping.
- To provide services to you
- To improve our products and services.
- To customize this website according to your interests.
- To enable you to provide goods or services to SIS Forum (Malaysia)
- To assess your job application
- To conduct internal activities
- To send you promotional message and special offers based on your privacy preferences
- To better understand your needs as our audience
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- For statistical analysis
- For profiling your preferences
- For finance and marketing activities
- For submission to the Government required by law, eg. Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri
(Collectively “the Purposes”)
It is necessary but non-obligatory that you supply us with the required personal data. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
By providing us your personal data, you are giving consent for SIS to collect, use and process your personal data for the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, we will not be able to fulfil our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
Accessing and controlling your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by sending an email to us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal data to send you promotional data about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Integrity of your personal data
We may share your personal data with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
We may also disclose your personal data for all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes for which we originally collected your personal data.
Disclosure of your personal data
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.