A. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The role of Finance Officer is to provide assistance to the Finance & Operations Manager related to the day-to-day general accounting and financial operations of the Company, projects, funders and auditors.
- Maintain financial records, reports, and general ledger accounts that lead to the preparation of the monthly management account and yearly financial report to Management, Funders, Auditor and relevant authorities;
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement and management reports for Board and Finance & Fundraising Committee meetings including financial analysis;
- Assist Finance & Operations Manager to prepare and monitor operational and programme budget and provide monthly update;
- Ensure that all accounting procedures are adhered to according to SIS Financial Guidelines;
- Liaise with various external parties, including auditor, tax consultant, Company Secretary and LHDN;
- Update the programme summary budget monthly for the managers’ meeting;
- Monitor and update the publication sales & donations received;
- Monitor and provide weekly update on Company’s cash flow;
- Prepare journal entries and payment vouchers;
- Maintain fixed asset register and accounting for depreciation and conduct yearly physical sighting;
- Prepare provision and accrual schedule;
- Assist in the general account administration of SIS operations.
2. Organisational Development (General)
- Report regularly to the Operations Manager on the progress of work and to inform of any issues which are potentially constructive or detrimental to the organization;
- Assist in the conduct of activities such as meetings, brainstorming etc as deemed appropriate by the Operations Manager;
- Participate in staff meetings, and in the management team meetings when
- In collaboration with Operations Manager and appropriate staff members, contribute to the development of funding proposals, submissions or contracts/agreements.
3. Human Resource
- Prepare in a timely manner all matters pertaining to Payroll including but not limited to Salary, EPF, SOCSO, Taxation, Zakat, EA Forms
- Assist in day-to-day efficient running of the office;
- Assist the Operations Manager and the management team in any other tasks as instructed in pursuit of the vision, mission and objectives of Sisters in Islam;
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the primary objectives of the position.
B. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- At least three (3) years of experience within the same job roles;
- Familiar with accounting software QuickBooks / AutoCount will have added advantage;
- Proficient in Office suite (i.e. excel, word processing and power point);
- Good interpersonal skills and strong ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders;
- Independent, meticulous, analytical, resourceful, proactive and possess strong problem-solving skills;
- Passionate to work with an NGO